GetResponse Releases Video Interviews from MarketingSherpa Email Summit 2012
Interviews with Flint McGlaughlin of MECLABS, Brian Clark of CopyBlogger.com and Brian Solis
WILMINGTON, Delaware, February 14, 2012 – GetResponse, leading email marketing provider , released a series of video interviews with keynote speakers from MarketingSherpa Email Summit. The event was held February 7-10 at Caesars Palace Hotel and Casino, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In one-to-one interviews in informal settings, top marketing brains talked about email marketing tactics, strategies to maximize email campaign effectiveness, and using email to build customer relationships.
About the Interviews
GetResponse Community Manager Jim Ducharme conducted the interviews. As you’ll see in the videos, Jim employs a casual approach, fueled by his natural enthusiasm, to keep his interviews fun and informative.
The interviews were promoted with a Twitter contest that ran from January 25th through February 6th. GetResponse customers were asked to Tweet questions to be asked during interviews.
“I was blown away by the level of engagement we have with the GetResponse community!” said Jim Ducharme.” Dozens and dozens of questions were submitted – in fact, so many that we just couldn’t answer every single one of them”.
Marketing Experts Interviewed
In 17 interviews, experts representing a broad cross-section of thought leaders from around the world provided answers and solid email marketing wisdom and insights.
Dr. Flint McGlaughlin - MECLABS
Brian Solis – Altimeter Group
Jermaine Griggs - Hear&Play Music
Marcus Sheridan - TheSalesLion.com
Dennis Dayman - Eloqua
Sundeep Kapur - EmailYogi.com
Adam Sutton - MarketingSherpa
Brian Clark - CopyBlogger.com
Jeff Ginsberg - The Email Guide
Todd Lebo - MarketingSherpa
John Caldwell - Red Pill Email Marketing
Ryan Phelan - Blue Hornet
Sergio Balegno - MECLABS
Daniel Burstein - MarketingSherpa
Brian Carroll - MECLABS
Pamela Markey - MECLABS
Francine Cianflone - MECLABS
“The experts were impressed by the questions our community submitted,” noted Jim Ducharme. “Their questions demonstrated a keen desire for a deeper understanding of email marketing and a focus on doing it right.”
Advice from the Experts
- Two themes appeared continually during the interviews.
- Listening to customers - Effective email campaigns are more about what the customer wants and needs, rather than about what the marketer wants to provide.
- Testing campaigns – The key to stronger sales is to monitor conversions , make improvements based on testing results, and retest again and again.
- Performing these high-impact activities consistently means more effective campaigns and better ROI.
- “Generating good content is as easy as mining the interactions of your customer-facing employees,” said Jim Ducharme. “They are the ones who know what questions your customers are asking! Gather those questions then generate content by answering them. You’ll be amazed at how easy this process is.”
- You can watch interviews here.
About the Company
GetResponse serves more than 350 000 active users from 182 countries, delivering more than 1 billion permission-based emails per month, with an average deliverability rate of 99.3 percent. Clients include GlaxoSmithKline, Marriott, Intercontinental, University of Arkansas, Carrefour, Men's Health Magazine, and thousands of fast-growing businesses and professional firms.